6/18/2006

The Big, Big Birthday!


Olivia's Birthday was over the top! She had a parade in the a.m., a carnival and bbq in the afternoon, went to see "Cars" with the Jackson girls (who surprised us at the carnival on the way to their grandma's house in Ephraim), and fireworks and a sleepover that night!!! Next year if Art City Days isn't on her birthday weekend we're going to have a lot of splainin to do.

Olivia started a ballet class through Springville City. I was worried about it because when she talks about jingle dancing at the pow wows she always says, "but I don't dance myself, daddy dance with me." But, it seems as long as she doesn't see me she does great. I walked in at the end of the class and the teacher was passing off the new skill of the day, a plie'. Well, when it was Olivia's turn she told her to do a plie' and Olivia proceeded to shake what her mama gave her (which isn't much at all). So the teacher asked her to do a
plie' again. She thought for a second and did the same little booty shake. It was so cute! So the teacher finally had to get up and show her what she wanted. It looks like not only can she do ballet, but some form of hip-hop. I just knew she'd take after me!

We went to Grandma & Grandpa's house this weekend to putter around. We went yard saling with grandma and hit the jackpot! We got tons of clothes for Sarah's baby, Hazel, and some things for Adrienne's soon to be new addition. We also got a pile of shutters for $20 which work on both my house and Grandma's. I got a brand new two-burner camp stove for $5.00, my mom bought me some toille shaded lamps for $10.00 which perfeclty fit my guest room. We got a Little Tykes boat for $1.00, I got a composter for $5.00 and my mom got an exercise machine for $15.00. We had so much fun.


When we got home grandpa was irrigating. There was a waterfall coming down the hill in front of the house. I ran and got some plastic and Isaac and Liv slid down in the freezing cold water for a while. Well, we got busy putting up shutters and next thing we know, Isaac and Liv are dragging their new boat up the hill so they could slide down on it. It was hilarious!!!! We did that for about an hour.

For Father's Day we got Daddy an atlas for his pow wow trips, a set of liger post-it notes (Napoleon Dynamite), and some car washes. I have yet to fix dinner (it's only 9:30! The night is young!), but I think I'll also make a cake. Happy Everything!!!

0 comments: