Liv thinks her name starts with "l"
It's absolutely incredible to me that in 5 months Olivia can spell and write in cursive (better than her father)! If I didn't see it every day I would never believe it. I have a 4 year old in my class who spells on a 3rd grade level.
The program we do is "writing into reading". They learn the 71 phonograms in the english language and use them to write words every day. Pretty soon, when they see words they can decipher the phonograms and "un-glue" the sounds to read. It works!
Isaac's teachers never cease to be amazed. This kid adores school and everything about learning. He's sucking all the info out of the room when I'm practicing with Liv. See what he can already do?!
Today at dinner he said, "Mama, I can write 'top', t (the sound, not the letter, that's how they learn phonograms), 'aah, oh, oo, ahh' (that's "0" in phonogram speak), 'p'. Then when I looked at him, astounded, "and I didn't hear my teacher say it, we don't spell."




0 comments:
Post a Comment