2/22/2010

Wind Through Her Hair

13.1

That's my new Indian name.  I gave it to myself.  In case you're new around here, I'm entitled.  My husband and kids have adopted me into their tribe.

Anywho, that's not what this is all about.  Just got done running.  I went by myself because I was supposed to go this  morning but it was much to slick for my taste.  It's good to go alone once in awhile because I can then perfect my farmer blow without embarrassment.  It's even better to go with someone who does this as a way of life.  It gives me the extra threat of embarrassment and the urge to push myself so that someday my endurance may come within 1/10th of hers.  Thanks eternally Edris! 

Can't feel my thighs because I think it was 21 degrees below zero.  These heifers still don't move much, but they create a friction that sends heat down through my calves and into my feet, which keeps me running that much longer in the cold.

I spent more time running (than walking) this time around.  Mostly because I thought someone was behind me most of the way and it takes a lot of energy to whip your head around with enough authority to put off whatever serial rapist is in pursuit.  Kudos to me for being stupid enough to do it several times before I realized that the combination of moonlight and streetlight create 4 shadows instead of one, and I was chasing myself.  That way I got more exercise.  It does remind me of the website graphics I used to do for my husband for some security products companies.  They wanted "simple elegant" graphics of someone getting tazed and a couple strands of barbed wire running crosswise, just so.  But I digress.

I think I better retire these running shoes which are 4 years old but have seen only a week and a half of street running.  They've done enough to make my toes numb, and I won't lose a toe.  Can't support these thighs with only 9.

5 comments:

Steven, Brianne & McClain said...

You're very motivating. I'm in the process of looking for a treadmill. Hopefully it gets more use than your running shoes!

moms said...

Bran,
It's 1 am and I'm laughing, laughing, laughing in the other bedroom. I slept too much this afternoon when I came in. You are funny Miss Wind Through Her Hair:)

Graciesmom said...

Go Brandy Go!!!!
I still can't run with "real people". I'm too self conscious about my running abilities.
What 1/2 are you training for??

it's just lisa said...

You are so funny! "Incase you're new around here, I'm entitled" that line had me laughing (inwardly) as I read it on my reader... and the rest of the post did not disapoint.

Trish Griffee said...

Go Brandy. I want you to come up here and run with me? There is a lovely park around the corner that is exactly a half mile! But if you expect conversation I must say I can't do much talking and running.