2/13/2009

The "woman" in Me

While we were visiting the lushness of the Northwest Jason had the privelege of meeting with a very talented artist and his "woman" (who was quite a piece of work I hear).



She did not like the fact that he called me his "girl". But, as Jason explained, most of the Indian folk he hangs with call their wives "the old woman", or thier "woman". He finds that slightly distasteful. (I think it was because I was a child bride and he totally robbed the cradle so he will always think of me as a girl and not the 50 year-old-woman he's always accusing me of behaving like).




ANYWAY, (and as I write is seems completely off the subject, but it sounded good at the time)... whenever I am annoyed, nervous, sad, disturbed in any way (it's all good, don't worry), I play the fussy wife, woman, girl, however you refer to the female one is married to, and this is what I do...
And, organize the girl's closet.

Sorry, I don't hire out during my "spells", I have to hold out for them the rest of the time, hoping something will go haywire and I'll organize away.

3 comments:

Midge said...

That is the best way to feel like you have some control in life. I can totally relate.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Organizing stuff really is therapeutic! And if that's true, I need tons of therapy... my house is a wreck right now. Now that I am gone 6 hours a day I really only do a good job cleaning on the weekends.

Trish Griffee said...

your too funny! I go a little nutty with the house when I get frustrated too. I just hope my hubby and kids aren't home when it happens:)