So this is what I get.
But, this is where we ended up. OOOOHHH, OOOH, look at the school clothes on the chair.
SSOOO cute! Liv says she wishes I'd let her be pretty at her new school. To Liv that means belly shirts, tank-tops, short skirts, basically going to school looking like a Bratz doll. I guess I'm raising a hussy (what Liv calls a "honey") eeeew gross. She's already 15. Maybe that means when she's actually 15 she'll be as sweet and naive as a 6 year-old. I'll take it!
We also drew the sad conclusion that the classroom had to be less classroom-like and more Mae's bedroom-like. I'm hoping for some black-and-white bedding soon. I'm just avoiding toille(which I actully want), because I just bought a living room set that I had to settle for just a little, and I'm afraid I'm turning into a mom. You know, "Mom, that was cool like 2 years ago." That kind of mom. I love that cute toille, but I gotta stay cool. I can just see my mom's journal entry dated August 14, 1982 word-for-word. She was still cool though, she had an afro and a daughter that knew all the words to "Ebony and Ivory" (except I thought it said "kiano", a sophisticated synonym meaning something completely non-racist).
Moving on, this is the first peek you get at my living room. I have pictures of my mom helping me lay this georgious wood floor, but my little camera won't sinc with my new computer, so you'll have to wait. Just so you know, she doesn't still have an afro.
Our new living room furniture gets delivered Saturday. I'll keep you posted on the progress of the room. Just so you know, I sooooooo wanted the chic-est houndstooth chair that I couldn't afford. I'm cool on the INSIDE. and my mom told me that's what counts...as she cut down the afro.


1 comments:
I LOVE the girls room! And Mae's room looks so cute. I can't wait to come and see the living room :)
And don't worry, I think you are cool!
Post a Comment