Today's "Quote of the Day" reminded me of my DEAR friend Diane's mom...
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.Margaret Thatcher
Every time we left Di's house (which was where I mostly left from between the ages of 13 and 18), she'd say, "Be a lady."
I have been known to use that line from time to time with my chicas.
1/29/2009
Inspiration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great thought! I wish I could say that to my kids as they left the house, but...
I love your Margret Thatcher quote!
For as long as I can remember, every day when I left the house my dad would tell me "Don't go outside without your clothes on." It's advice I took to heart. Who knows where I would be now if he hadn't taken the time to teach me that valuable lesson.
How fun. I've been teaching Kylie a little bit about what it means to be a lady and it's so cute to see her try to be more ladylike. I love being a girl.
I LOVE THAT QUOTE...oops I didn't mean to capitalize that whole thing:)
Post a Comment