1/20/2009

Mr. President


Today we watched the inauguration of the first African American President of The United States. My kids didn't understand the significance (they also think I'm Indian, don't feel bad Mr. Obama), but I hope someday they tell their kids that they stood while he was sworn in and while the National Anthem played, and they bowed their heads while prayers were given in his behalf and ours.



I must say, he was very distinguished and spoke with passion and intelligence (something we've been lacking for a few years). Let's hope he retains some of the wisdom that we all prayed for this morning.




And now, what you've all been waiting for. Or at least what the Today Show thinks you've all been waiting for...




What Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration ball. Seriously? Who cares?

2 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

And we haven't heard mention TOO often how young he is! 47! Wow! I have very high hopes.

Trish Griffee said...

Ok I was not waiting I swear...but seriously, that's they dress she chose. Hmm.