1/12/2010

Boogey Man Schmoogey Man


1.5 years to be exact. I can tell you all about it now (although most of you reading this witnessed it firsthand anyway).

"Ya' know Jas, I beleive I'd get a doorknob," Said my f-i-l, Grant.

It was sheer laziness and perhaps a deep soul-felt trust in my fellow human beings.

I even asked my neighbor in the midst of the knoblessness to give us a quote on a security system.

I actually almost went out and got a new door just so I wouldn't have to pull the drill out to make the hole in the side standard (for today rather than almost 70 years ago).

Today, having dealt out two of the four banchees I felt I had better do something, so this is what I chose.
After going to Del Taco, e-mailing, checking FB 82 times, and complaining I had nothing to do.

Jason thinks it ought to be a good selling feature to be able to say that we had no doorknob for 18 months and not one problem to speak of.

I heart my commmunity.

2 comments:

Trish Griffee said...

Holy Moly! I could not do that. I don't trust my fellow human beings so much as you:)

Karen Mello Burton said...

I heart my community too, but I do not trust as much as you do. Wow!