Next week officially starts the 1/2 marathon training (Top of Utah). I'll log it here. I'm following a marathon training schedule (in The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer), so I should really kick some tail at this by the time Aug. 28th rolls around.
Week 1
Day 1: 3 miles (Monday)
Day 2: 4 miles (Tuesday)
Day 3: 3 miles (Thursday)
Day 4: 5 miles (Saturday)
I'm up to running 3 miles before stopping and then I just take 20-50 steps and start again and run the 4th mile. It seems really silly, but I need those 20 steps. I've got to be careful because I think it's becoming a habit.
Got the farmer blow down in my left nostril just in time for Spring when my nose no longer runs when I run. It's just as well, my right nostril has some sort of deformity, causing snot to spray erratically and form crusts on my awesome running pants from my sis-in-law Lisa.
Got my playlist, but it needs some tweaking. When I run without music I don't do so hot, but with it I can't hear my own panting, so I go farther. Some of these songs slow me down though, so I've got to tweak them a bit.
Playlist:
Just a Girl- No Doubt
Girls and Boys- Good Charlotte
Sunday Mornning- Marroon 5 (soon to go the way of the dodo)
3 a.m.- Matchbox 20
Yeah!- Usher
Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
Hey Mama- Black Eyed Peas
Jack and Diane- John Mellencamp
Dancing Queen- Abba
You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
Cruel Summer- Bananarama (sadly, it may be out too)
You Spin Me Right Round- Billy Idol
Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
Livin' on a Prayer- Bon Jovi
Karma Chameleon- Culture Club
Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leapord
Out Last Night- Kenny Chesney
I need more suggestions. Jason has nearly every song known to man on his Itunes, but I only made it through the J's and then skipped to Usher because I remembered YEAH! And since I stopped listening to R&B and HipHop when my husband got satellite radio (which seems to know NO bounds) I'm really the same loser I thought my parents were when they listened to music from the 70's.
So help a sister out and get me running. This benefits you too, ya know. You won't have to witness the two heifers I carry around at the local pool. Although I still can't promise you they'll be any color other than pasty.
3/24/2010
On Top of the World...Or at least Utah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good playlist! I'd also add:
"Dirrty"- Christina Aguilera
"Dammit"- Blink 182
"Everything's My Fault"- Fenix TX
"Fat Lip"- Sum 41
"All the Single Ladies"- Beyonce
thanks Kari, I'm on it!
Good Playlist...Maybe try:
"Fighter" Christina Aguilera
Be good to yourself- Journey
Gel-Collective Soul
We will Rock you-Queen
I wanna be sedated-The Ramones
Lonely is the NIght-Billy Squire
As you can tell, I have to listen to headbanging music when I run. It's the only thing that gets me through.
Good luck. You are doing awesome!!
Please don't judge.....
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
Ray of Light - Madonna
Makes me wanna pray - Christina Aguilera
jason's picks are anything from the 80's - which is his answer to everything.
You know what I have made a habit of? Not running. And I don't even need any music for that.
Know what I have made a habit of? Not running. And I don't even need music for that.
And apparently I have also made a habit of commenting twice.
Love the play list!! I really need to get to running more. I'm not as ambitious as you...just a 5k for me please:)
Post a Comment