Just got done with my day 3 run. I missed Monday, so technically this is my day 2 (Week 6 since starting, week one of official 1/2 marathon training).
He gave me a 9 1/2 and said it should feel like I'm running in flip flops. Oh yes Golden, there's room in there for the fungus to party with the bunyons.
Well, the cobbler hasn't gotten hold of my new Saucony's, so my heel is still right where it started. I don't like it one bit. Golden told me I'd be sore and that I needed to make sure I warmed up. Cute little guy (a runner, so he was built like, *and had the same features actually*, as Howdy Doody), told me that the fastest distance runners in the world, the Kenyans, warm up for 15 minutes at a pace so slow you could walk beside them. My pride wouldn't allow me to spit out that I run that fast the entire distance.
Speaking of spit. Now that I'm not too shy to blast phlegm from my nose on the fly, theres a pesky pocket building up in my throat so that I need a lesson from a boy in how to hock (or is it hawk?), a loogie. I should ask my dad. The first thing you'll notice upon spending more that 1/2 an hour at my parents' home is that he's ...excuse me, I have to push away and stretch...quite adept at it.
Not to mention nipple chafing. Ha! I don't have it (according to my book, not yet). Golden gave me a roll-on anti-chafing/deoderant just in case. It's funny to hear somebody say "chafing" at a store.
Have you noticed how crass I've become (hehehe) since I began writing about running? Just keeping it real. No one else will tell you these things....
Another thing I've learned is that when you meet someone on the road you never say, "Hi." It took me a few engagements before I realized why everyone was saying, "Morning," or giving me the cowboy nod. If you say, "Hi," you expel that much more breath and it takes some serious time (especially if you pant like me), to re-up the stores enough to get back to steady breathing.
Also, I don't know if it's right, wrong, or indifferent, but I will not run with traffic in Springville City. I've dodged cars while I was facing them. Imagine if they snuck up from behind?


1 comments:
You are my hero. :)
Post a Comment