I was reading Karen's latest post (here) about her son and I had to create this post right away. My son is so incredibly internally self-aware (not to be confused with the external part that is always flipping and flopping, jumping and hitting), as to determine that since sugar is no good for the body, he will not consume it. 5 people, he's 5. I watch him give up soda, candy, ice-cream, you name it. Today I took them in to Rocky Mountain Candy Factory for a treat and he got a sugar-free chocolate covered pretzel. He's assured me that his grandma showed him where it says "sugar free" on the bread bag, so it's safe.
I once told him that you can do anything you want to if you will practice it, and you will become good at it. He holds his own soccer practices in the back yard. He watches the teenagers skate home from school and pulls out the skateboard (and the helmet I'll have you know), and gets to work when we pull into our grass-down-the-middle driveway which poses it's own special problems for a skater. He watches "So You Think You Can Dance" with me and breakdances even to the slow songs, especially working on the break-neck moves.
This kid is incredibly athletically talented and looks to be just as gifted at self-control. What in the world could I have ever done to have such an exceptional son? Heaven only knows.
9/17/2008
What did I ever do to deserve this?
Posted by
Miss Brandy
at
4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So sweet, Brandy. He is a great little guy, and you can see traits this early that really last. Aren't we lucky mamas? *_*
Bran,
He's growing up! That's just part of his sensitive side. :) Naali
Post a Comment