What's a girl to do? 
Then there's the country girl in me. When my hair is especiallly big Jason says, "There's the cowgirl in you." I love the idea of a clothesline in the backyard. Sending the kids out to do chores. Puttin' up fences. Riding and training horses and giving my kids lessons. Going to horse shows. Growing a HUGE garden and "putting up" all the spoils in the fall. I've never done it, but how 'bout raising a cow? You can never be too self-reliant. We've been listening to Little House in the Big Woods on cd in the car and I love that Laura's mother boils the pig's head to make head cheese (ew), and they use a corn cob for a babydoll. There's something about doing it with your own two hands that keeps you humble and innovative. However, Jason's idea of owning land/a farm measures in miles, not acres. You know how he is, "Do it big."

3 comments:
we are kindred spirits you and i....i think the life of a farmer has captured the city in me...the Mr. says that we'll take a condo in the city after the kids leave...to this i respond but where will we entertain our grandkids...his loving reply of course we'll keep the farm for the grandbabies...the only better senerio is that my farm abutts your farm and that our condo in the city is next to yours...so how's about it?
I'm so with you. I love the city and would live there in a heartbeat if I didn't have kids. But with kiddos, you want room to stretch out and give them that "ideal" childhood.
Gracie and I read the Little House series last year and I LOVED it!!
I think that is a delema in us all. I love big cities, but I like to have room for my kids to run...I would never make it on a farm though. I've traveled all over and never had culture shock, until I went to Idaho with kik:)
Post a Comment