8/27/2006

Ani


Lisa and Kari (her adorable sister) bought a bunch of tickets to Ani Difranco. In a nutshell, she's a feminist "folk" singer who Lisa said a lot of people thought was gay, but since she's now pregnant the cat's out of the bag.

It was great! So many hippies and lesbians in one spot. The people watching was fabulous. Lisa's mom and I hung out and watched the hippies dance and the chicks make out (not really), and Ani Difranco is really a brilliant woman. Her lyrics and some poetry she did was incredible.

I wonder what she'd do if she knew there was a Mormon chick digging her stuff in the
audience!? ...

on her home page she says, "i speak without reservation from what i know and who i am. i do so with the understanding that all people should have the right to offer their voice to the chorus whether the result is harmony or dissonance, the worldsong is a colorless dirge without the differences that distinguish us, and it is that difference which should be celebrated not condemned. should any part of my music offend you, please do not close your ears to it. just take what you can use and go on."


I got a tank top to dance in that says "righteous" on the front and on the back it says "righteous babe".

See my links. She has her own label, "Righteous Babe Records". I'll see if Lisa can send me some pics from the concert.

0 comments: