
I completely forgot the entire point to my previous G,B & U post.
Having gone to get a pedicure and get my severely neglected nails done, Sarah and another girl were giggling under the dryer while I was still a work in progress. By the time I got over there we were all distracted by a 60-ish party goer with an enormous chignon and jingle bell earrings. She was in for a last-minute pedicure before her fiesta. Then more giggles erupted from our dryer buddy and when Sarah and I turned we saw that she was decked out in a strapless cocktail dress a couple sizes too small. "Good for her," we all agreed although we all silently hoped that our confidence will never over-reach our good sense.
"You haven't even seen the best part," I was told. So our new friend told me to inconspicuously turn to my right. There I saw...

A hairy mole.
Only the one I saw was attached to a man's face. And the length of it's hair was much greater. I don't know if moles are sacred in his culture, if it was malignant and therefore dangerous to go near with a razor, maybe if I'd looked closer I could have seen the Virgin Mary in the curl of the hair. But for whatever reason, this well-groomed Asian man had a mole on his cheek with its mane growing to his chin. Maybe it's what he uses to keep his head tied on. Maybe I need one too.

0 comments:
Post a Comment