5/27/2006

Under the Influence & the Weather



Poor Jason and Isaac returned home with some exotic illness from North Carolina. It includes high fevers, coughing, sore throats, and fatigue. Such a joy! Isaac is like me when he's sick...a pain in the tush. We have the attitude, "If I'm sick I need to express to you in every way possible just how horrible I feel so you can share with me in this experience." At leas that's what Jason says. Now Georgia's got it. Isaac was taken to the instacare in Orem. They gave him an antibiotic for a secondary ear infection. That's it. So, I take Georgia today...same experience. You'd think I'd learn. We don't qualify for medicaid or any other type of assistance, and we don't make enough money to have private health insurance...it's wonderful to be middle class!

Poor litlle Olivia. She went in for oral surgery under conscious sedation today. I gave her a vallium crushed up into a drink and Jason and I were both telling her she better drink it, and she ended up getting too much in her mouth and spitting a lot of it out. So I worried that she wouldn't be relaxed enough when we got to the dentist. Well, by the first gas station she was hiccuping and began to chit-chat away! Then when we arrived she told me she had to go potty. When I helped her down from the chair she started walking tipsy-turvy toward the wall. I set her straight and the nurse and I got a good laugh out of it.They put her in the chair and gave her some laughing gas. Her eyes started to roll right away! They put the iv in her arm and when they were done she lifted her arm and looked at it. I said, "Yeah, you've got a tube in your arm!". She smiled and said, "Yeah!". The last thing she said was (smiling very wide meanwhile laying her head back), "I'm going to have sparkles like mama!" She has always admired the silver section of my bridges. Then she was OUT. She's had a lot more sleepinesss and nausea than pain in her teeth. My dad said she'd probably had so much pain in her teeth before that now they feel great!


Isaac thought she was a wack-job on the way home! She was moaning and drooling and trying to cry with a huge tongue. He just stared at her. He knew that with Georgia sick and Liv recovering he was going to have to fight for attention. So, he requested pizza on the way home. So he and I got to eat pizza while the girls slept.Our social worker, Errol, is retiring tomorrow. My mom came down to go to his party with us. On the way down she stopped and got us something to eat, a gift for Olivia to make her feel better, Georgia's prescription...she's the greatest! One time a lady was telling us about her grandaughter. She said she spit up and pooped a lot so she told her daughter to bring her by when all that was outgrown. I thought my mom would pass out! She LOVES those grandbabies!!!!

Olivia, Grandma & Georgia...Liv's still woozy from the anesthesia, Georgia's sick.

0 comments: