10/09/2008

Dorkas

I actually went to school with a girl named Dorchas Cudney. Would you kill your parents in their sleep, or torture them slowly? Anyway, I have an association with a very cool woman in my ward (congregation, thanks Karen), and I think she thinks I'm a dorkas. Truly, she probably doesn't because she's so nice, but have you ever done something stupid in front of one particular person every time you see them? I have. She probably walks away scratching her head at all of our interactions.


To be honest, I can't remember the earliest dumb things I did (except for my bad habit of always saying too much), but it is on my mind every time I see her. One particular incident involved stopping in the middle of the road to jump out and deliver an invitation. I was thinking, "ok Brandy, don't do or say anything stupid." I gracefully leapt from the car and began my trot over to her until out of the corner of my eye I saw my car reversing down the road with my giggling children inside. Nice.
So, I've kept my distance so that next time I don't hurt somebody. Now I am safely stalking her blog, hoping I don't provide her with a virus or something. I found it yesterday and it is wonderful. She's a photographer also, and very talented. Truth is, I am a Dorkas. Just so happens that you bring it out in me. You know who you are and I thank you for not outing me publically. I should be able to live here for about another year before the entire neighborhood holds their breath every time I come around.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

k.....i want to see the blog also
and the Dorkas thing reminded me of seven brides for seven brothers
did you ever see that...i used to watch it every Sunday..sometimes twice......there was a girl named Dorkas on that movie....great flick by the way...just between you and me....i do that ALOT...in fact i have a person like that here....just always seems to catch me at my weirdest ya know...how 'bout that comment...needed a novel right;)

Karen Mello Burton said...

OK, I gotta know who this person is! And you are not a dork, you are a cute genuine person who is bubbly and kind.

Luann said...

Great post. :) For the record, I feel like I am one gold velvet couch and a leisure suit short of Napoleonic dorkiness pretty much all the time. Hang in there and I'm sure you will find out she adores you but is too much of a dork to figure out how to let you know. *hugs*

Lisa said...

Just had to pipe in here that I have the DVD of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, if you ever want to borrow it. It is definitely a great flick :) And, I don't ever hold my breath when I see you coming. In fact, I smile!