Recently you'll find me hanging out wasting a lot of time waiting for some child or another to come available at Walden School. Let's see, sometimes I'm walking random stores. Sometimes at a park or Provo Library story time. I'll even go to a playland every now and again. But there's something different about the Brandy you're used to seeing around town.
This is very hard for me.
I can do this, I'll just...ok,
*sigh* Deep breath.
I'm reading Twilight.
I know, I know, I know. I hide it under tables or in front of the baby. I keep it on a flat surface, never revealing the cover. I laugh out loud and the rediculous story and writing. But, you're right, I have a need to keep reading to see what happens. It's really one of the silliest things I've done in a while. Especially since I have so many other worthy books waiting to be finished sitting lonely on tables throughout the house. Truth be told, I tried to start A Tale of Two Cities and I couldn't do it. My brain doesn't function on a high enough level at the moment. I came to terms with that and now I'm reading books on a third grade level with teenage romance involving vampires as the plot. I'm rolling with it. When Mae or her younger sibling(s) are at least 11 maybe I can crack open Dickens again and give 'er the ol' college try.
*You will not be seeing this to your right on my reading list. That's taking this too far*

6 comments:
Hey, it's okay to read some pulp every now and then. It's a study in pop culture right? I am finishing up Eclipse so that I can read the new ones. Not devouring it like some people, but enjoying it enough. Hold your head high and realize that a Mormon mom/author in AZ is glad you and thousands of others are reading it!
Well, the first step IS admitting it. I have to say I don't ever see myself picking those books up, but i'm with you on the brain too fried to read anything else :P
oh no...wait i'll get on the next plane...i can't believe it...BRANDY..is this a trick to get me to come to Utah...i must stop you...well it seems the damage is done...i think you should make a book cover for it, out of really great paper...LOL..i can't believe you cracked..
honestly!!! i got to the part where an indian kid is explaining their traditional belief about werewolves and vampires last. what a silly book. :) I really don't care how it ends. Maybe i'm the only one on earth, but i think i can return it to the kind hand that lent it after reading to page 150. maybe i'll just go pick a nice vc andrews off the shelf instead. ;p
Check out my blog, because you have been TAGGED!!!
Post a Comment