I am DOG TIRED today. I dropped off I and Liv and headed for Gold's for my first workout in about a year :)
Next, the baby girls and I went to a FABULOUS new grocery store in Orem called Sunflower or something or other. Lots of organics and best of all, a spicy(ish) shrimp roll (sushi) for Isaac and I to have for lunch.
Got home after picking up the Iceman and got out the big ladders while I talked on the phone with Sarah (she always seems to be on the phone with me during large/dangerous projects), while hanging a gutter on my porch so you can come visit me without getting dripped upon.
It occurred to me while doing said job that the plumber needs to see that my faucet spits rather than flows. News: tear down the walls and re-build after 65 year old plumbing is replaced. My mom said, "OH GOOD! I'll come and help you!" lol. She just wants to get her hot little hands on some awesome glass and/or subway tile. Me too. If only I can afford it!
Finally, as this time of year calls for, I felt another urgency to accomplish something before the cold sets in.
So I dug a hole (I'll show you tomorrow. I'm too tired to get out the camera). I dug a hole about 18 inches deep and about 3' x 3'. Enter the home teacher. Brother Gurney (and his puppy Zoe). He suggested I call the Strong's down the lane and ask for their pick-axe. Twenty minutes later he rounded the corner sans puppy and helped me double the depth and pull out the stubborn topiary tree in the corner. Later this week we should have a new master bedroom window and a huge ugly mess to clean up off of the new carpet after the concrete cutter finishes.
The moral of the story is: My husband told me not to dig. I dug. Why? you ask. To save money and exercise.
See, here is how it breaks down.
COST:
rent a small backhoe- $100-ish?
dig hole myself (and Bro. Gurney, of course)- $0? (pizza afterward (2 actually, with breadsticks and cinnasticks *thank goodness for Pizza Hut online ordering*) $30.00. Thank-you gift for Bro. Gurney's help $10-ish =$40.00
Savings: nothing... After I have my nails re-done and buy new shoes since I was too lazy to put the work shoes on.
CALORIES BURNED:
340/hr. = 1200 calories
Pizza + Ranch dressing + Cinnasticks + frosting dip (my brother is now throwing up in his brown rice and chicken breast) = 1040 calories
64 oz of soda = 600 calories ugggh!
So see, it all works out in the end! Truth is, there is nothing like going to bed physically exhausted. My dad taught me that. AND...the dog pictured above is probably named Brandy and if NOT, her stripper owner IS.


3 comments:
That is the good kind of tired though, after a day of such hard work. You go (and go) girl!
Oh goody! Now I know who to call when I dig out my massive diseased tree in my front yard?!?! I also love going to bed physically exhausted.
i am still LingOL.......the dog or the stripper, your funny...i knew there was a reason i liked you....i'm just glad i was on the phone in case of emergency..see this long distance thing works..now instead of lying dead with you i will be miles away..with access to a phone to call for someone to help you..a tender mercy indeed
Post a Comment